M&A lawsuits are typically brought to ensure that shareholder interests are protected in buyout transactions. All too often the rights of investors are ignored or downplayed in favor of corporate interests in getting deals done. This site contains information for shareholders who wish to protect their rights in the event a company you have invested in becomes an acquisition target. Typical concerns raised in buyouts include:
- Unfair Share Price, "too low price" offers.
- Barriers erected by management to block other bidders.
- Insider and interested party "sweet heart" deals by management to cash out.
- Unfair deal-making process that constitutes a breach of fiduciary duties to shareholders.
- Failure to offer full and fair disclosures of all facts.
A shareholder of any publicly traded company has the right to bring a lawsuit after an announced deal that may be unfair. Very often the shareholders are the ³little guy² that want to bring transparency to the entire deal process.
Our law firms handles these cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning the shareholders do not pay the lawyers a penny for bringing the claim. There is NO COST for shareholders to bring these claims. Law firms are paid for the work they do out of the legal fees in the case approved by the court. Most Merger lawsuits are brought within a few days after a proposed deal is announced.
If your company is a target call our lawyers at the Merger and Acquisitions Lawsuit Center at 1-800-934-2921 for a free evaluation of your rights to bring an action.
Our attorneys will work to protect your rights as a shareholder by:
- Making sure the deal is designed to get the "highest price" for shareholders.
- Preventing a flawed and tainted bidding process.
- Stopping insiders from profiting at the expense of shareholders.
- Requiring full and fair disclosures that are not materially misleading.
- No cost consultation.
- Immediate case preparation and filing.
- You will never be charged for our services.
- Getting disclosures and opportunity for the best value.
Do you own shares of a company that is involved in a merger or acquisition? Protect your rights by contacting us.
Complete the form on this page or call our lawyers at 1-800-934-2921 for a free no obligation consultation.